[Dixielandjazz] Re: Illinois Jacquet Obit

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jul 26 02:33:58 PDT 2004

Dear Bill,
Regarding your comment: >Illinois Jacquet and Flip Phillips trading fours!
Oh man, that may not be OKOM, but it sure is MKOM!<
When was this?
Not on Lionel Hampton's May 1942 version of "Flying Home" mentioned in the
obit kindly posted by Norman Vickers.
Which, incidentally, does nothing for me.
Playing it, again, now.
Sounds like a 19-year old on his way somewhere. Which I never bothered to
follow.
Growing up, as I did, listening to the records featuring saxophonists Eddie
Miller, Bud Freeman, Charlie Holmes, Johnny Hodges, early Lester Young and
1930s Coleman Hawkins.
Very kind regards,
Bill.