[Dixielandjazz] Bass players

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Jul 23 11:06:29 PDT 2004

In a message dated 7/23/04 10:45:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
brer.rabbit at tiscali.co.uk writes:

> All the ill-informed cheap humor at the expense of bass players ignores the
> playing of men like Pops Foster, Wellman Braud, Arvell Shaw and many many
> more. How sad you all sound. Brian Harvey

Aw comon' Brian it is a much more active Friday morning on the DJML than I
have seen  in months mate, could be a bit of humor and poking fun at the NON-
Playing Bass Owners, is just what we needed to get you Lurkers motivated to
contribute something substantial to the conversation.   It has already brought out
some fine examples of Bass and Tuba players getting some recognition and
certainly respectful comments.

Besides, I don't ever do cheap (albeit perhaps ill-informed humor) I have
spent every Dollar I ever made as a musician (Both of them) trying to perfect my
sense of humor, it is working very well too, why just last month I laughed
away every Dollar I made last year. :))

Thanks for the above mentioned Bass players who will more than likely start
to get some respect int he following posts.

Cheers and it's good to hear from you even if you are being pithy, :))

Tom Wiggins