[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bass Solos(was Grimace)

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Thu Jul 22 13:49:11 PDT 2004

>I have noticed that people do not pay
much attention to bass/tuba solos<

Really??!!  Very observant!  As a bass player, I can tell you that nobody
pays attention to bass solos....not even the guys in the band.  They usually
start a conversation about sports, fishing, or crab grass, and often forget
to come in at the end of your solo.
   As for the audience, dancers stop dancing and look like they are waiting
for the next tune.

   I once saw a list of comparisons between masturbating and playing a bass
solo.  The one that sticks in my mind is:
   "God will forgive you for masturbating."

   Pat Cooke