[Dixielandjazz] RE: THE PIANO MUTE

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Tue Jul 20 11:01:43 PDT 2004

Electronic pianos are the answer to this question. Ignore the howls of
purist protest, most of the big manufacturers are now marketing instruments
which produce a totally convincing piano sound right across the 88 note
spectrum - I know because I just bought one.

Everything on it is adjustable - volume, pitch, timbre, choice of piano
sounds etc. etc. It even plays midi files. The model I have (Yamaha CLP-170)
is not transportable but I know that other keyboards with the same bells and
whistles are available which can be carried around to gigs and set up in a
few minutes.

All you need is money.

John Farrell