[Dixielandjazz] recording

Adaywayne at aol.com Adaywayne at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 08:43:19 PDT 2004

I posted a message about this. CoolEdit is now quite expensive. However,  the
program I recommended is RipVinyl and costs only US$9.
_http://www.wieser-software.com/ripvinyl/index.shtml_
(http://www.wieser-software.com/ripvinyl/index.shtml)

_http://www.wieser-software.com/ripvinyl/rpm78.shtml_
(http://www.wieser-software.com/ripvinyl/rpm78.shtml)

I recommend you fit a 78 stylus to your cartridge to get good recording  from
a 78 rpm record. Also you have to be concerened about the actual speed of
the recording (they varied from 78rpm quite a bit) and also the fact that no
RIAA curve was applied to 78. There's a lot of information here:
_http://www.vadlyd.dk/English/RIAA_and_78_RPM_preamp.html_
(http://www.vadlyd.dk/English/RIAA_and_78_RPM_preamp.html)

Post back if you need more info.
Arnie

In a message dated 7/20/2004 12:52:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,