[Dixielandjazz] Re: Fonk

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Mon Jul 19 19:42:24 PDT 2004

I will certainly have to accept the definition of "Fonk" as mentioned
by all of you Spike Jones experts.  However, there is a New Orleans
jazz/funk fusion group led by Branford Marsalis called "Buckshot le
Fonk" - I don't know if they found their name from the same place...

And what would you Tb experts call that signature low trombone "full
note sound" Prez Prado used in many of his arrangements? I know that
one takes some particular skill to do right (unless you have a
multi-horn trombone section.)

Dave Richoux