[Dixielandjazz] THE BLUES - Reality vs. perception.

jazz_trombone at axint.net jazz_trombone at axint.net
Mon Jul 19 11:24:50 PDT 2004

Fine clothes are for people who like to wear fine clothes. I don't think
that they are necessarily trying to "appear successful" or not. I've
performed at many black churches over the years around the country and I
haven't seen a vast number of gold teeth of church members all around me.

That dress code permeates the Black American society today, FIne clothes are