[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet mutes

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 17 13:34:59 PDT 2004

This from a chat list circa 1997. Why clarinet mutes? Why to practice
when on the road and staying in hotels of course. Note that the devices
described below must have fit over the entire clarinet in order to truly
mute the sound of DeFranco's ax. Seems to me those described below are
about the only kind that would really work.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone