[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 19, Issue 25

jack wiard jack_wiard at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 23:58:16 PDT 2004

Hi Butch, About ten years ago, I was reading a copy of 'The Insrumentalist'
which had an ad in it for clarinet mutes. As I recall, it was made of
leather and the body of the clarinet fit inside, except for the mouthpiece.
The hands fit in the sides through holes with stretch elastic around the
wrists. The ad said it cut the sound by 70% and was perfect for apartment
practice. Has any one else seen these mutes for clarinet?

on <butcht at sihope.com>