[Dixielandjazz] Monterey Hot Jazz Society July 11

John Jamieson jamie at surfnetusa.com
Thu Jul 8 13:02:38 PDT 2004

This Sunday July 11th The Monterey Hot Jazz Society guest band will be
the Alcatraz Angels . The Alcatraz Angels Jazz Band is a great authentic
two-beat New Orleans-style Dixieland band, with a hard-driving rhythm
section that makes its music irresistible to our dancers and keeps our
listeners clapping and tapping their toes. The popularity of the
Alcatraz Angels extends well beyond local venues. Jazz clubs and
societies from all over California have invited the Angels to perform,
and the band has been a frequent guest of festivals in and out of
California. In fact, Tony has just turned down an engagement in Beijing
China because he had already signed on with us and didn’t want to break
a commitment.

It must have been tough to turn down a Beijing Beer Festival gig, with
Five Star Hotel accommodations, air fare, food, tours, international
publication, with actor's and actresses and everyday about 10,000
listener's. Tony rationalizing said “Oh well, I got to thinking, who the
hell wants to drink Chinese beer on hot summer days in China”

Our Jammers plan on playing the following tunes:
I Found a New Baby Keeping Out of Mischief Now
Dallas Blues Georgia
Down in Jungle Town Margie
Melancholy Blues Way Down Yonder in New Orleans
Battle Hymn of the Republic Someday You'll be Sorry
Long Way From Tipperary How Come You do me Like You Do
Big Butter and Egg Man Jazz Me Blues
Saints

For directions and other info see
http://www.surfnetusa.com/jamie/