[Dixielandjazz] Uniforms

Elazar Brandt jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Thu Jul 1 10:31:24 PDT 2004

Steve, Jim, and all my distinguished colleagues,

It occurs to me that there is one point that has not yet been made in this
discussion/tirade about uniforms, costumes and band outfits.

Believe it or not, some of us LIKE to wear the costumes.

Of course it's no substitute for great music, but for me it adds to the flare
and excitement of the performance -- for ME, not just for the audience.

Now, maybe when I'm as famous as Steve Barbone or Jim Kashishian I won't feel
that way anymore. Then again, in Israel we have no king to play for, so that may
never happen... although we do have one Big Fellow here who might call for a
command performance now and then...

Elazar Brandt
Misrad HaJazz
Doctor Jazz Band