[Dixielandjazz] Two Cornets/Trumpets

Janie McCue Lynch janie51 at socal.rr.com
Sat Jan 31 06:58:45 PST 2004

Kurt writes:

"The two-cornet sound is perpetuated and reprised by many bands of today who
want to authentically remember those early pioneers sounds. "

Check out the Independence Hall Jazz Band's "Louis: The Oliver Years," with
Duke Heitger and Jon-Erik Kellso in the front line. Great interpretations on
a totally enjoyable CD.

I actually bought this CD at Sacramento last year after seeing IHJB with
Paul Asaro on piano at the Crest--my ears couldn't get enough of him.  But
after listening to this CD several times, following the liner notes of Doug
Finke, and "following" each instrument through it, I was blown away (no pun
intended) by the two trumpets.

Jane Lynch
janie51 at socal.rr.com