[Dixielandjazz] RE: printed scores quality

Alberto Martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Sat Jan 31 00:12:16 PST 2004

John Farrell postulated:
<<<The most important thing about playing music is the sound which comes
from your instrument, not the notes and chords written on the sheet
music you just bought from the music store. So many people make the
mistake of
believing that because something appears in print it carries authority
and
must be treated as definitive - no matter who wrote it, if you are not
satisfied with the quality of published sheet music do not feel
imprisoned
by its "originality" - throw it away and work up a more fulfilling
version
of the tune. I do it all the time.>>>>

Thanks John, I never saw that put in a better way. That's the essence of
Jazz playing, let alone music playing in any style.    We all jazzmen
should work and strive to be able to do so in an "artistic" way ....
and there it goes again...   the truth is: flying high is for the
eagles...

Tito