[Dixielandjazz] RE:Tim Laughlin in Festival

Alberto Martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Fri Jan 30 23:07:32 PST 2004

Steve Barbone asked:
<<<<<<<<List Mates_  Quick question: Has Tim Laughlin's band played at,
or been invited to play at many OKOM Festivals, outside of New Orleans
in the USA or worldwide?>>>>>>>>>

I took Tim here to Sao Paulo Brazil with the Original Dixieland Jazz
Band of Jimmy LaRocca, to play at the Armstrong Centennial Memorial
Concert, which I produced and directed in 2001. There was also the
Porteña Jazz Band from Buenos Aires and my own Band, it was actually a
mini-Festival. We all jammed after-hours in a Club opened that night
exclusively for us jazzmen. I teamed my clarinet with his, and we played
duets, changed fours, rode up and down the scale and listened and
answered to other great players in that session.  It was fantastic.

Tito Martino