[Dixielandjazz] Cut & Paste on Recordings

Jazzjerry at aol.com Jazzjerry at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 18:58:40 PST 2004

In a message dated 30/1/04 17:39:35, barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

<< One of my favorite listens is Charlie Parker. The most favorite of his
works,
for me, are the live recordings of his solos that Dean Benedetti made in
joints
on a reel to reel recorder following Bird all over the country. Released on
Mosaic, it is full of squeaks, bad sound, etc. However, for me, what Bird say
via the horn on them is an incredible piece of musical history as well as a
great listen and insight into his incredible genius. >>

To me this is appaling unmusical crap produced by a demented follower of one
of the overrated musicians in the history of jazz music.

Just an opinion :-)

Jerry,
Norwich,
U.K.