[Dixielandjazz] Re: Drum article

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 29 15:32:26 PST 2004

Hi Kurt & List mates:

Yeah, that is very much to the point of why HE was there. He drove that band.
That article, see link below, was fun. I referenced John Petters to the
article because he is such a great fan of Krupa. I was lucky to see him live
in small groups in the 50s.

I put those records on today to listen to that break again. Astounding
transformation. Yes, if a "polite" drummer had been there, that concert would
have sucked.

Cheers,
Steve (hear the drums) Barbone

PS. Jess Stacy's famous piano solo during that concert is a monster also.