[Dixielandjazz] Capitalism at its finest

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 14:39:38 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/29/04 11:04:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
stridepiano at tesco.net writes:

>     www.elvismastertape.com <http://www.elvismastertape.com/"
>
> It could happen to us .   .   .   .
>
> John Farrell
> http://homepages.tesco.net/~stridepiano/midifiles.htm

We should be so LUCKY!

Most master tapes of analog recordings deteriorate badly over time, which is
why you see so many old recordings touted onthe television for sale as
Remastered Digital recordings of the same material.

It is believed that the new techniques of Digital will last forever,
allthough that depends upon who your talking to in the Audio Engineering society.

There certainly is no shortage of source material for re-recording any of
Elvis hits, as was quickly evidenced 24 hours after his death by his Record label
and all the TV Marketers.

Heck I have a whole studio full of master tapes I wish sombody would buy by
the inch for souvenirs.  I wonder if those folks would like to buy them for
resale once they run out of the originals that they are schlocking now.   It's
not like anyone is going to try and play them back or would know they are the
originals with out that littel piece of printed paper attached that tells them
they are and that they really did not get ripped off.

  For Sale:  $ 50.00 + $10.00 Shipping and handling,  Rush delivery add $5.00
:  Pet Rock anybody?  A little old but well cared for and preserved for it's
age, is fond of listening to OKOM music on 78 rpm records.

I will put mine right alongside the genuine dust from the Mt. St. Helen's
volcano eruption,
I also have some ash from Mt. Vesuvio's Eruption as well I could part with.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins