[Dixielandjazz] Chords and the like.

Ivor Jones banjones at oninet.pt
Thu Jan 29 15:27:32 PST 2004

Firstly I would like to thank those who sent to me chords for tunes that I wished to include in our repertoire. In particular to Sheik, who in fact, is giving away pages from his chord book from which he derives part of his income. Apart from this I found it interesting in transposing all the chord sequences to the key of Eb, which is the key Bix plays, or played, that there were some passages that were quite different to each other. Having now played all four variations in concert with the recording, I have my opinion as to which sounds the best to my admittedly non-tutored ears, and wild horses would not drag that choice out of me. It remains to me to pose the question to more educated ears, why there should be a disparity at all ?

I think that I know part of the answer, but is it possible for a definitive answer.

Thanks to all

Ivor