[Dixielandjazz] Re: For Australia only

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jan 28 13:08:38 PST 2004

Dear Glen,
I do not know of a Vernon Lowe here in Sydney, but will check around.
Melbourne is the 'home' of NO Revival enthusiasts and we have a few
Melbourne DJML listmates.
Sydney has a core of enthusiasts who follow the Geoff Bull Olympia Jazz
Band, Sydney-Zenith Jazz Band (run by DJMLer Tom Wood) and Bill Dudley's New
Orleanians.
There is also a small dedicated group of NO musicians and friends in
Newcastle, NSW.
Australia has a tight 'traditional' jazz community, so it will be
interesting to see if we can locate him.
Very kind regards,
Bill.