[Dixielandjazz] Muscat or Muscrat Ramble?

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Tue Jan 13 10:47:53 PST 2004

There is a lot of information about this song at
http://www.countryjoe.com/lawsuit.htm
Country Joe McDonald did "Fixin' to Die Rag" in the 1960s to what some
people think is the same tune - Kid Ory's heirs filed suit - the story
goes on from there. Also check out all the alternative lyrics - and I
just noticed that he posted a link to the article Steve just sent.

Dave Richoux