[Dixielandjazz] The Bridge

Bill Biffle bbiffle at swcp.com
Mon Jan 12 21:35:59 PST 2004

And the bridges are frequently the most harmonically interesting part of the
song.  Think of Polkadots and Moonbeams.  Or Body and Soul.  Or Do You Know
What It Means To Miss New Orleans.  There are TONS of others.  I'm Old
Fashioned, for instance.  Or even Moonlight In Vermont.  These off the top
of my rather fuzzy head.  Who wants to add better ones?

And the famous Have You Met Miss Jones which goes, unless I miscounted, to
three separate keys in eight bars.

BB