[Dixielandjazz] THE SURVEY/DJML SURVEY RESULTS THUS FAR

Janie McCue Lynch janie51 at socal.rr.com
Mon Jan 12 18:42:58 PST 2004

Thanks, Kurt, for your efforts and humor!  It shows that this "probably
representative sampling of the DJML" is, indeed, a composite of worldwide
music lovers!

And, just as an aside, "Mars" really does exist here on earth--it's a small
town in Pennsylvania,  close to Pittsburgh, and I believe it is in Moon
Township!  Steve?  Any corrections?

Janie Lynch
janie51 at socal.rr.com

 Approximately 25 of 400 members have responded to the survey in one form or
another.

Professional (excuse me) Musicians: 13
Band Leaders: 13
Fan of OKOM: 10
Singer: 8
Clarinet/Sax: 7
Trombone: 6
Piano: 6
Drummers: 5
Washboard: 5
Promoter of OKOM events: 5
Festival Director: 4
Lurker: 3
Teacher: 3
Trumpet/Cornet: 3
Semi Pro/Non-Pro Musician (their words, not mine): 2
Tuba/Sousaphone: 2
Guitar/Banjo: 2
Bass Sax: 1
Tap Dancer: 1
Accordion: 1
Violin: 1
Tambourine: 1
Sand Can (whatever that is): 1
Record Producer/Engineer: 1
Publisher: 1
Semi-Conductor: 1
Jazz Radio DJ: 1
String Bass: 0

Countries represented thus far:
USA: 16
England: 2
Spain: 1
Mars (not technically a country, but someone submitted it): 1
Hungary: 1
Australia: 1

Use this information in whatever way, shape or manner you please.

Kurt Bowermaster