[Dixielandjazz] Louisiania?

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Mon Jan 12 21:27:29 PST 2004

>Who can supply the correct spelling of Joe Darensbourg's composition?

It would be LOU-IS-I-AN-I-A as that is how the words go.  Sing it with
the melody line, and you get the above spelling.

Jim (I'm coming to you) Kash

p.s.  played several times with Joe D. when I was young.  Would have
been around 1959 at the Hot Jazz Society (Los Angeles) Sunday noon
gatherings.  Recall noticing that he had an egg stain on his tie once.
Should have warned me as to what type life one could expect playing this
kinda music......