[Dixielandjazz] High notes in OKOM

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:34:22 PST 2004

I can play high if I want (for short periods) but believe the high stuff
should be reserved for occasional use only - that way it has dramatic
effect, whereas used all the time it smacks of exhibitionism and technique
for its own sake. As Muggsy said to a bandleader pestering him for lots of
high notes: "Aw, get yorself a piccolo player!"

Mike D.