[Dixielandjazz] Banjo History -"hello!" (bagpipe jazz)

Norrie Thomson jnt at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 11 19:44:55 PST 2004

Rufus Harley appeared at the Edinburgh International Jazz and Blues Festival
some years ago.  Listening to him play jazz on the bag-pipes was an assault
on the ear drums but unforgettable.  However, the publicity that he earned
for the Festival was incalculable. If I remember correctly, he wore a tartan
skirt (no a kilt) and red soccer socks.

Norrie

Norrie Thomson
Edinburgh