[Dixielandjazz] Fenale Washboardists

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sun Jan 11 10:17:32 PST 2004

There is even one version of this kind of washboard (usually called a
frottior in Louisiana French)  that is made specifically for women - it
has  metal "bra cups!"  I saw some for sale at the New Orleans JazzFest
a few years ago but I have not found a weblink for the maker.

BTW, there are a LOT of women playing rub-board (and other instruments)
in cajun and zydeco bands...

Dave Richoux