[Dixielandjazz] Professional Musician

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 10 23:12:48 PST 2004

My Friend Tom Wiggins said (polite snip)

..."I would conclude that a Really True Professional Musician is one
that makes Music and the delivery of it, his life long work which if
done correctly will eventually reward him for his efforts and
contributions if he or she is lucky"...

***
There is one word that I think Tom left out,  That word is "Successful"
and should perhaps replace "True" in the above definition.

I asked members of my band tonight how they would define "professional"
musician. They said we'll be seeing one who represents about 90 percent
of the professionals, right after the gig. He'll be the one that says:
"How would you like your burger cooked?"

Cheers,
Steve (Reality Check Time) Barbone
BA, MA LLD, PM, CAH, ;-) VBG