[Dixielandjazz]Professional jazz musicians - and teachers

Captain Rapture yup1275 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 10 18:11:03 PST 2004

I've sampled some of the postings and it occurs to me
that there are too many generalities - enough to reach
out and bite you in the ankle.

 An experienced and competent journeyman musician
might choose to play for a living or he/she might go
with another career with music on the side.

Many a dull and barely competent player has made
a lot of money as a pro, especially when his playing
panders and his growth stops.

It takes special skills and heart to teach and folks who
do this vary in their ability to thrill a musician, but if
they open a kid's heart to the joy of music, whether
improvised or not, a gift is given to the world.

So there

David McCartney
The Bassist of Players