[Dixielandjazz] Re: School Band Directors

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 14:57:19 PST 2004

<< I should point out that there are indeed exceptions...>>

I should also point out the very notable exception . . . cornetist and
vocalist Bob Schulz, who was my band director for both junior high and high school.

One reason why he gained my respect and I paid close attention to him was the
fact that the cat could really play . . . and sing. AND he applied those
talents to real paying gigs.

I hate being taught by someone who has never done.

Always learn from someone who is SUCCESSFUL at what they are teaching . . .
not just successful AT teaching. And yes, it's best to have someone who's
successful at both.

Bill
414-777-0100
BillSargentBands.com