[Dixielandjazz] Question (was "something substantial/Washboardsm etc,)

Charlie Coleman charliew8fim at ncool.net
Fri Jan 9 14:48:42 PST 2004

Listmates:    A question...    does the JUG also qualify as a musical instrument in the same manner as a washboard?   (See many of the Jug bands of the 20's)  Or possibly even a kazoo (Red McKenzie, et al).  If that is the case, is it possible to construct an OKOM band WITHOUT conventional instruments?    Front line:  Kazoo, slide whistle;  rhythm:  Jug, washboard, bones, spoons.   BTW, MY jug contains something SUBSTANTIAL, and I think I'll go have a draught.   8<)).      Sorry, just being an old geezer with too much spare time.
    Charlie (too soon, too oldt) Coleman