[Dixielandjazz] Re: The Eminem Rag - An article of great substance.

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Thu Jan 8 16:03:18 PST 2004

Steve, I must disagree on your 3rd point - the remix or "mash-up" that
was done here was quite specific to that version of the rag song and
that rap recording.  A totally different OKOM song could be used but
the end result would be very different.

  We get a LOT of unusual music  at KFJC every day and I have seen a lot
of in-studio performances by some very clever folks - what they do is
not easy, especially the turn-table mixmasters. True, it is not OKOM
but I do respect their individual talents.

Dave Richoux

BTW, I played a track your new CD on my show today - also a cut from
Tom Wiggins' group - both very fine!