[Dixielandjazz] Re: washboard position

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Wed Jan 7 22:31:17 PST 2004

Bill asked me:
You did not say whether the two washboardists involved were any good.
It is my experience that talent in this situation is usually in inverse
proportion to their lack of etiquette.

They were not particularly good.  Mostly there for their own spotlight,
rather than to enjoy the music.  If they had been there to enjoy the
music, they would have just listened to us.....and, quickly realized
what they do wouldn't go with what we do.

Your experiences jive with mine.  I've found, also, the ones that talk a
lot about who they've played with normally don't play much.  It's the
silent ones that can blow you away.....

Jim