[Dixielandjazz] Turk Murphy band horn-placement

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Tue Jan 6 08:21:03 PST 2004

by the picture on the back of the album Jimmy Stanislaus (the singing
fireman) would be an African-American. I do not know if he is still
alive...

When I played in the Monterey Bay Classic Jazz Band we had the rhythm
section in front (sometimes with 2 banjos) but I did not like having
the trumpet player in my ear (and sometimes I like to play my tuba
standing up or use a Sousaphone.)

Dave Richoux