[Dixielandjazz] Re: Trombone Players

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 15:51:11 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/5/04 12:27:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> I hear tell that some bands, who have seen pictures of Murphy this way,
> copy the
> positioning slavishly in the thought that there was some musical reason he
> did this
> and so they strive to be "correct'. ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone

Aha but perhaps there was indeed a musical reason,  Just maybe he played back
there so he could slam the Drummer in the back of the head with his slide
every time he changed the tempo or over played.  :)

Who knows?  De Shadow Knows dat's who knows.

Cheers,

Tom "76 Trombones" Wiggins