[Dixielandjazz] Dorothy Parker -- Jazz age quipster

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Thu Jan 1 10:48:47 PST 2004

Most likely she did. My favorite quip was when she revived an actor's
performance -- "Her performance ran the gamut of emotions from A to B."
Oh to have  been a fly on the wall at the Round Table at the Algonquin Hotel
in the 20's and early 30's when the New Yorker inner circle and friends met
for lunch. Though much written about this time, place,  and people, much
more was never recorded, and that's the pity.
Incidentally, a jazz age connect here -- George Gershwin was a regular at
the Round Table and jazz was certainly part of the flow of conversation.