[Dixielandjazz] Gershwin Fake Book; 3 Irish books

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Sun Feb 29 11:36:31 PST 2004

Visited my local music store Friday and found the following:

3 commercial sheetmusic compilations of Irish tunes. American Irish
standards and some Irish folk. I didn't take down any of the info, but your
local stores ought to have or be able to get them.

"The George & Ira Gershwin Fake Book", Warner Bros. 2001, 328pp. From the
cover:
"Includes all of the verses for each sone and the themes from 'Rhapsody in
blue', 'Concerto in F', and "An American in Paris'."
I hadn't seen this one before. I'll confess I don't recognize most of the
titles...

--Sheik