[Dixielandjazz] Alvino Rey DJML Connection

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 22:29:36 PST 2004

Hi again:

Forgot to mention that I think listmate Bob Finch of Chicago Six (jazz
band, not the porn site) played bass a time or two with Alvino Rey.

As you may know, Bob left that web site (Chicagosix) and it became a
porn site. His web site is now (Chicagosixjazz). If you are listening
Bob, that will teach you. :-) VBG.

Cheers
Steve Barbone

PS. Did you also notice how the AF of M recording ban killed off Rey's
band in 1943? With all that talent, both players and arrangers. Even he
had to get a day gig till he joined the Navy in 1944. Oh my, what might
have been.