[Dixielandjazz] Irish Dixieland tunes

Don Kirkman donkirk at covad.net
Thu Feb 26 14:58:12 PST 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:49:10 -0700, Ed Danielson wrote:

>Matty Matlock recorded an album in the late 50s called "They Made It Twice
>as Nice as Paradise and They Called It Dixieland."  The title tune is pretty
>good, and, according to the liner notes, originally celebrated Ireland, not
>Dixieland.

I think that's the one that goes

[Begin - typos and all]
A Little Bit of Heaven (1:09)
Author:J. Keirn Brennan and Ernest R. Ball
Copyright:???  [Ca. 1910 - 1914?]

Sure a little bit of Heaven fell from out the sky one day
and it nestled in the ocean in a place so far away
and when the angels found it sure it looked so sweet and fair
they said suppose we leave it for it lookes so peaceful there

So they sprinkled it with stardust just to make the shamorcks grow
it’s the only place you’ll find them no matter where you go
then they darted it with silver just to make the lakes look grand
and when they had it finsihed sure they called it Ireland
http://www.irishsongs.com/content.asp?ID=7
[End]
--
Don