[Dixielandjazz] Re: She Had To Go & Lose It

Harold Smith s3856lpa at webtv.net
Mon Feb 23 15:50:37 PST 2004

William Price is right about 1939 as being the year it was fairly
popular.   If Tommy Tucker had the hit recording--I'm not positive he
did--the vocalist would have been Amy Arnell.  Bonnie Baker was with
Orrin Tucker's Band.

I kinda thought the hit record might have been by Johnny Messner's Band.
But, how would I know?  I was only 9 years old then, and, in those days,
kiddies were not permitted to listen to double entendre filled songs.
Kinda like today, huh?

Still striving for purity in thought, word and deed.        Harold Smith