[Dixielandjazz] 1950s New York City OKOM Reminisces

Bill Biffle bbiffle at swcp.com
Mon Feb 23 13:53:32 PST 2004

>Kenny Tavern - You all know about him. Still playing his ass off. He
>would carve me up regularly at Cinderella and Loft cutting sessions back
>then. They were great lessons

Mr. Tavern moved last year to Santa Fe, New Mexico.  Played a benefit for
our local jazz venue with a couple of excellent local guys.  KID is still
wailing!  A fairly recent CD called "Kenny Tavern and His Rhythm Men" is a
real favorite of mine.  Classy, intelligent, swinging stuff!

Bill Biffle
Albuquerque, New Mexico