[Dixielandjazz] Composition ressource?

Craig Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 17 03:26:08 PST 2004

Nicolas,
Two useful things on the Internet.
1. go to http://www.redhotjazz.com and
listen listen listen.
2. go to http://www.americanmusiccaravan.com and
look at the lists of tunes in the fake books that are
offered there. Get your friends to kick in the $$
and get Bb one and a C one. The chords are there
so that handles your banjo or guitar, piano, bass or
tuba instead of writing what they play listen to how
the place the notes (see #1 above) using the chords.
(Clarinet too as most of the time he/she will ad lib
around the chords if not playing the melody.

The OFF the Internet. Play, listen, Play, listen.
-- I know some guys from my old band in
Burlington VT with whom you might speak.
If interested, send me a private e-mail

Bon chance,,
Craig Johnson, Kennebunk ME.
civanj at adelphia.net