[Dixielandjazz] RE: popular songs for OKOM

Ed Danielson mcvouty78 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:10:40 PST 2004

Bob Scobey and Clancy Hayes recorded a great album of 50s rock'n roll hits
-- "Scobey and Clancy Raid the Juke Box" on Good Time Jazz -- that included
tunes by the Everly Brothers, Perry Como, and even Elvis (Pud Brown's
clarinet work on "All Shook Up" is hysterical!).  I've always wanted to hear
a trad band play "Sunny Afternoon," by the Kinks.  And, though it's not
really a pop tune, I've suggested to Jeff Barnhart that a stride piano
version of "Dear Old Stockholm" is badly needed by the world's music lovers.

Ed Danielson