[Dixielandjazz] JCJB NO Jazz and Steamboatin' Adventure!

Don Mopsick mophandl at landing.com
Thu Feb 5 15:59:04 PST 2004

Dear Jazz Fans:

http://www.landing.com/NO_04/NO_04_brochure.htm

Join the Jim Cullum Jazz Band this July 7th to July 12th for a 3-day/2-night
jazz experience in the historic New Orleans French Quarter, and a 3-night
Mississippi River cruise with Jim and the Band aboard the most luxurious
paddlewheel steamboat ever built, the American Queen!

Some of you may have joined us in previous years when we cruised on the
Delta Queen and the Mississippi Queen combined with the private JCJB New
Orleans experience. It's time for a reunion and to make new friends from
around the world once again.

Features:

1. HISTORIC FRENCH QUARTER OF NEW ORLEANS for 3 days, 2 nights:

MINI-FESTIVAL: Soak up some great traditional jazz with the JCJB and several
New Orleans bands. The ultimate jam session!

CLUB CRAWL: Follow the JCJB as we "sit in" at our private stash of
out-of-the-way French Quarter jazz clubs.

DINNER at an exclusive French Quarter restaurant TBD.

PARADE: "Second Line" behind the JCJB and friends as we parade through the
French Quarter, ending up at the American Queen. We will augment the band to
form an authentic New Orleans brass street band. Bring your flags, party
hats, and be ready for the New Orleans-style action! Several stops will be
scheduled for refreshments.

The fun will begin on the early evening of July 7, so plan your arrival for
earlier in the day!

2. AMERICAN QUEEN STEAMBOAT CRUISE: Then we board the American Queen
steamboat for a journey round trip from New Orleans (with stops in Baton
Rouge and at Oak Alley Plantation) from July 9th to the 12th.

Three nights of romance and great hot jazz with the JCJB aboard the American
Queen, the grandest of the Delta Queen Steamboat Company's fleet.
For more information on the American Queen, visit their website:
http://www.deltaqueen.com/fleet/aq/aq_main.htm

Included:

2 night hotel stay, July 7th and 8th at the Wyndham New Orleans at Canal
Place, easy walk to the French Quarter and overlooking the Mississippi
River.

Admission to Mini-Festival, private Club Crawl, our own traditional Jazz
Parade, and Dinner.

Fare for the 3 night round-trip Mississippi River cruise, July 9th to 12th,
aboard the steamboat American Queen.

Private cocktail reception on board the American Queen for all our tour
members.

All meals on board the American Queen.

Transportation from the boat to the New Orleans Airport July 12th on
debarkation from cruise (Please do not book your return air flight for
earlier than a 12 noon departure).

Special JCJB sessions on board the American Queen in addition to the
steamboat's regular "in-period" entertainment.

Lots of free time to explore and relax on your own and other special
surprises to be revealed.

Not Included:

Recommended trip cancellation/interruption Insurance. Amount will vary by
cabin category/cost. See web brochure (link below) for more information.

Air fare to and from New Orleans (available through Delta Queen Steamboat
Company here: http://www.deltaqueen.com/booking/air_supplement.htm). Please
do not book your return air flight for earlier than a 12 noon departure on
July 12th.

Gratuities.

Items of a personal nature.

Meals and beverages are not included in New Orleans unless otherwise
indicated.

Optional shore excursions from the American Queen.

Cocktails except where indicated.

Arrival transportation from New Orleans airport to hotel or transportation
to pier.

For much more information, photos, and more links, please go to:

http://www.landing.com/NO_04/NO_04_brochure.htm

INTERESTED? BOOK IT NOW! SPACE IS LIMITED ON THE STEAMBOAT!

LIMITED number of early booking Discounts of $100 per person on a first
come, first served basis (applied to final payment).

This is going to be one fantastic trip! See you in July!

Best,

Jim Cullum