[Dixielandjazz] Swinging dead geniuses!

Brian Towers towers at allstream.net
Wed Feb 4 17:26:57 PST 2004

> Red Nichols, Johnny Dodds, rare Duke Ellington from a Durium paper disc,
> Van Epps, Erskine Tate, McKinney Cotton Pickers, Eubie Blake, etc. etc.
> All dead!!! But still swinging more than some live wannabes!!!  ;-)  VBG
>
> Enjoy.
>
> Tito

Hi Tito,
Nicely put.......
Shakespeare's dead too but I still enjoy his stuff, ditto Verdi, Charles
Dickens, Beethoven, Picasso and so on and so on - Their art is unlikely to
be surpassed, evolution or no evolution!!!
I know you will understand my point!

Regards from Snow-bound Toronto and thanks for the tip about the web site.
I will be in NOLA this April for the FQ fest.  Are you going?
Brian Towers