[Dixielandjazz] Laughs and Ringwald

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 21:08:44 PST 2004

Allan, and the rest of y'all,

You wrote (after correctly guessing that Bob's banjo had been stolen):

>Don't tell me, Bill. By the time you got back to the car someone had broken
>in and put 2 more banjos in the car, Right?

Har dee har har . . . WRONG!  Sheesh,

What actually occurred was that about a month later one of my students (I
taught a music class at the high school not from from the bar where the
break in happened) asked if I wanted to buy a banjo for 25 bucks. I almost
said "no" but something told me to proceed a bit further. When the kid
showed me the banjo I was staring at the very same instrument the little
sonovabitch stole out of my car.

Turned out the kid's garage was full of stolen stuff and the cops closed the
books on a lot of minor theft reports.

Is that funny or what!!!

Cheers,

Bill "Bob's banjo got stolen again a few years later" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com