Fw: [Dixielandjazz] Tunisia Music Festivals

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 3 15:37:05 PST 2004

Interesting. Last year someone gave them a tape of a concert we did in 2002 at
The Clifford Brown Jazz Festival here in the USA.. They specifically contacted
me and asked if we would like to appear at the jazz festival there in 2003.
Since it is in July when we are very busy, I told them we couldn't. Then, this
year they came after us again. Same story for us. The first two weeks of July
is just too busy locally.

Yes, they are a modern festival, but we have been playing Dixieland
successfully at Modern festivals here. Admittedly 4/4 swing based rhythm, but
still Dixieland. Usually the only OKOM band there.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone