[Dixielandjazz] Have a cow, man

jazzfact jazzfact at ozemail.com.au
Tue Feb 3 07:20:44 PST 2004

Hi All,

The reference to "have a cow, man" reminds me of a jazz tale involving my
friend Peter Strohkorb. Some years ago Peter made this Vinyl record at his
Munich Beergarden. It was evidently a hilarious day as the recording truck
was 12 hours lat. The band played right through the day and finally on with
the band their last legs and full of sausage and beer, the truck turned up.
So, not to waste the opportunity the band played on into the night. It's a
good record with plenty of crowd participation. I still have a garage full
and I am sure Bill Haesler does too of these discs. Oscar Kline and Beryl
Bryden both feature on it! There is a translation from the original German
cover notes into English and French. The final sentence in the English
translation is "Lean on, pick a drink". Now you're talking! It's a wonderful
phrase to use as an icebreaker.

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net