[Dixielandjazz] CD review/sales

Jazzjerry at aol.com Jazzjerry at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 12:50:09 PST 2004

Hi Kurt,

As someone who, as well as running a mail order business, does 'sales tables'
at various festivals and jazz weekends I am interested in your project.
Obviously in the States your don't have to worry about sales tax (we call it VAT)
or personal income tax on any profits you may make (I have to pay the taxman
17.5% of every sale and 25% of the clear profit) but I would suggest that you
make sure that you have full public liability and product liability insurance. A
box of 25 CDs can break a foot bone if dropped in the wrong way and a cracked
CDs case can give a customer a nasty cut. It has never happened to me
but......

Just a tip particularly as I have heard it said that Americans are more
likely than any other nationality to resort to litigation.

Cheers and good luck with the venture - it can prove to be lots of hard work
but fun!

Jerry,
Norwich,
U.K.