[Dixielandjazz] Listening to Dead Musicians

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 1 17:29:37 PST 2004

Not a shot at all: just that Steve's band and approach to the music is far
removed from the "classic era" bands like Oliver and Morton, with their very
organised approach to the music - more a modernised version of the freestyle
"blowing" bands that Condon put together. His choice, and apparently a very
successful one. This is all getting very testy!

Mike (VP, Dead Musicians' Society) :-)