[Dixielandjazz] Ben Ratliff (NY Times) Waxes Nostalgic

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Mon Dec 27 14:07:35 PST 2004

Looking at the pictures on their website - I see music stands in some
of them. I don't know if that is just for show, but other similar bands
I can think of (Clubfoot Orchestra  www.clubfoot.com or  Willem Breuker
Kollektief www.xs4all.nl/~wbk/index.html for example) use extensive
charts - even if the music sounds totally improvised.

Dave Richoux